Sunday, November 12, 2023

A Quiet Sunday Morning 11/12/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write. My mug is filled with Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee and all is well this morning in our home.

Our church has a Saturday night service. My wife and I both attend the evening service and it fits our need to worship with others and serve in our church. 

Then comes Sunday mornings. I find that it is the best day of the week for my quiet time with the Lord. I am hardly ever rushed  to complete my blog and get anywhere. Many days have been experienced writing my blog from the duck boat or blind on a Sunday morning. We usually will have a breakfast that requires a little more work than just adding milk to some cereal. A better than usual meal is prepared for lunch or dinner and there have been many a Sunday that I plan on spending more time with my wife and acknowledging God's gift of her to me.  Some Sundays contain a picnic lunch, eaten at a roadside rest area while we travel to an antique shop. We are both grateful for those quiet Sundays.

It is the only day of the week that I allow myself to listen to some soft music as I write and dine on the Word of God. I have more time to pray and consider things of life. Many of you were prayed for on these quiet Sunday mornings. God made the Sabbath. It is a day of rest and a time to reflect on God. I also believe that God truly made the Sabbath for us.  He allows us to make it holy by observing it in His name. 

Mark 2:27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

So take time to observe the Sundays of your life. Keep God first on every Sunday. Allow Him the time to soften and speak to your heart. Enjoy this gift and cherish the time. This time was made for you. You are a close to God as you choose to be. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment