Thursday, November 2, 2023

There Was Snow On The Roses. 11/2/2023

 Good Morning, 

A hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is steaming next to me while it entertains my taste buds. It is time for me to write. 

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." 


I took this photo yesterday morning after a mild snow storm from Tuesday visited our area of the world. The last flowers in my wife's garden belonged to a pink tea rose bush. All summer long it blossomed on and off. It was always overshadowed by the larger plants. Now at the end of the fall season and headed toward winter, the littlest plant is still blooming. It fought right to the end and still blossomed with snow decorating its leaves and branches. It will be trimmed a little today and covered up to rest through the winter. 

My point for the day. Don't overlook the smaller and younger folks that are stuck in the middle of the more powerful and louder folks. They can be, and often are great contributors to any cause. The little rose wasn't seen much this last summer. But it was the last one to make me smile. Appearance doesn't  always tell the whole story. 

Marty 


No comments:

Post a Comment