Tuesday, October 30, 2018

When I Decided To Ask The Question 10/30/2018

Good Morning,

I just wanted to say with gusto "Good Morning" again. I sit here wondering what today will bring as I pray, write and sip my cup of Door County White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce Coffee. Whatever will be, will be.

This last synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh didn't surprise me as the world never ceases to amaze me as to how some people can embrace pure evil. I personally want to condemn this senseless act of terror. I do not support hate crimes of any kind.

But for the first time in a long time. I contemplated the shooting and began looking for answers. I did the ultimate in stupid as I pursued answers and asked God "why didn't You do something? When will this stuff stop?"

God was silent in my life and He said nothing. As I was studying last night, my quest for Biblical knowledge of God led me to a passage in the book of Job.


Job 9:1-19 New King James Version (NKJV)

Job: There Is No Mediator

Then Job answered and said:
“Truly I know it is so,

But how can a man be righteous before God?
If one wished to [a]contend with Him,
He could not answer Him one time out of a thousand.
God is wise in heart and mighty in strength.
Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered?
He removes the mountains, and they do not know
When He overturns them in His anger;
He shakes the earth out of its place,
And its pillars tremble;
He commands the sun, and it does not rise;
He seals off the stars;
He alone spreads out the heavens,
And [b]treads on the [c]waves of the sea;
He made [d]the Bear, Orion, and the Pleiades,
And the chambers of the south;
10 He does great things past finding out,
Yes, wonders without number.
11 If He goes by me, I do not see Him;
If He moves past, I do not perceive Him;
12 If He takes away, [e]who can hinder Him?
Who can say to Him, ‘What are You doing?’
13 God will not withdraw His anger,
The allies of [f]the proud lie prostrate beneath Him.
14 “How then can I answer Him,

And choose my words to reason with Him?
15 For though I were righteous, I could not answer Him;
I would beg mercy of my Judge.
16 If I called and He answered me,
I would not believe that He was listening to my voice.
17 For He crushes me with a tempest,
And multiplies my wounds without cause.
18 He will not allow me to catch my breath,
But fills me with bitterness.
19 If it is a matter of strength, indeed He is strong;
And if of justice, who will appoint my day in court?

As I was reading this passage my own view of myself became smaller and smaller. I have no idea as to why this tragedy happened except that evil was brought into the world with the sin of Adam and Eve. As I became smaller in my view of self, God became larger and then this passage put me in my place. Not all things are for me to know and how can I accuse God of being passive. I cannot fill an ocean and know how many gallons of water it holds, but God can. I cannot cause a newborn baby to come forth and breath, but God can. My feeble thoughts are not His thoughts. I showed how small I am, even thinking I could contend with God. For whatever reason this crime happened, the only thing I can do about it is to pray for comfort for those hurting. I can look for ways to help. I know without asking God, that showing kindness and concern is the way to go. In the end God triumphs over evil. I will rest now and don't need to tell God how to do His job.

Revelation 20:7-10 English Standard Version (ESV)
The Defeat of Satan

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven[a] and consumed them, 10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:8 English Standard Version (ESV)

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”


I asked the question and was put in my place. I rest in God's promise to us that some day this will end and He holds the keys of justice, and the future.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment