Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Am Alive And Well. So I Will Celebrate 10/14/2018

Good Morning,

A big Thermos full of Door County Maple Coffee is going to be with me today as I do a little hunting. The weather is just right to make that coffee taste even better as it warms me up. An apple cider doughnut will be my snack this morning until I get to some bacon and eggs back at the house.



I am usually with a buddy or two when I hunt, but today my company is God and our dog Gibbs. Every now and then a guy just has to hunt alone. I can't talk to myself, that would be a little weird. But the quiet in the marsh affords me some time to write this from my telephone and chat with God.

As I assess my surroundings and the season of my life I have come up with the conclusion that I don't like arthritis and it was nicer when I had a full head of hair. I asked myself this question a few minutes ago. "Are those two things really worth complaining about"?  The answer was no. This last year has presented Rene and I with a few problems now and then, but nothing too drastic.

As I conversed with God I did most of the talking and found myself thanking Him for the warm clothes I am wearing, our dog, a warm home to return to and a wife who will listen to the tales of my day of hunting. I thanked Him for my job and then I prayed for friends and family who need some prayer.

At the end of my prayer time I decided to tell God "Hey I am alive and well". That's when He decided to speak in my heart and He said. "I know, I am with You always." 

Isaiah 41:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I  am definitely not alone as I hunt, and His watchful eye is forever over me. I threw God and me a little celebration of life as I raised a cup of my coffee up in a toast to Him and heaven and said "Here's to you Heavenly Father, without You I am nothing"  Time to hunt.

Love to all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment