Friday, October 26, 2018

Food That Smells Good. It's All In The Attitude 10/26/2018

Good Morning,

Friday is here and once again it arrived with gusto. I am embracing the day with prayer and a cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee. I am looking forward to a very busy weekend.

There are just some of those dishes we cook in our kitchen that while cooking leave an aroma you don't mind having in the house. I am very fond of Italian food and I enjoy waking up to the slow cooker finishing the last few minutes of cooking  pasta sauce. The sauce has been simmering slowly all night. The meatballs hidden inside are marinating within the hot garlic laden sauce and the aroma is sweet to the trained nose. A beautiful aroma has been known to put a smile on a face or two.

Now, I want to compare the word aroma to the word attitude.  An aroma can be  pleasing to all. But in some instances an aroma can stink and leave a foul smell/odor in a house. Then the aroma is known as one that stinks.



Attitudes can be the same way. An attitude that exudes humility, positivity, compassion, dedication, service and kindness is an attitude that produces a  sweet aroma. An attitude of selfishness, anger, rudeness, negativity, doubt or lack of kindness leaves an odor that can stay in a house for a long time. The attitude stinks. I for one need an attitude adjustment now and then. I use Psalm 23 as my attitude adjuster.

Psalm 23 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


So my food for thought is this today. How does your attitude smell? Sweet or stinky. It's yours. You own it. It is as stinky as you want it to be.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment