Saturday, October 20, 2018

Cheering For The Home Team 10/20/2018

Good Morning,

Of all the dumb things I have done this week, this one is the topper to the cake of my life. I am traveling this weekend with Rene and some dear friends of ours and I forgot to pack some Door County Coffee. This will be corrected for tomorrow morning, since we are in Door County and I know where to purchase some. Argh.



We are visiting the area, taking in the fall colors. The view of the the landscape is a credit that only God can take. He is the Divine Artist of what we have seen and will see. Last night, as we dined on fresh fish. The emporium we chose to dine in had every television tuned into the National Baseball League Championship Series. Our home team is in the series. The games have been very close. And last night our home team had to win just to continue on to the final game. Every time our team did anything good, the crowd in the restaurant would cheer loudly. We are a couple hundred miles away from the stadium where the game was being played yet I heard people say things like "way to go Brewers" or "nice one fellas" and they said it loud. It was almost like they thought the team could hear them. The revelers were showing their pride and affection for their team.

Yesterday afternoon a young lady troubled by problems of the world and in need of a Savior called me while we were traveling. She has been searching for answers for a long time. Yesterday we spoke on the phone for quite some  time and I told her that the Who she needed was Jesus Christ, the One who died for her. Over the telephone she prayed to receive Jesus as her Lord and Savior. There was an immediate change in her speech and you could just tell when the Holy Spirit entered her life. I told her how Heaven was rejoicing because of her decision. Heaven was cheering for the "Home Team Kid".

Luke 15:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Heaven cheers each time one person receives Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I swear that I could hear those angels praising the Slugger who paid the price for all of us. I swear that I could  hear them cheer when that gal came sliding into to Home plate, never to wonder about the Way, the Truth and the Life anymore.

How about you? Heaven is waiting for you to take that swing on a fat pitch over the plate of life.

Acts 4:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Romans 10:13 New International Version (NIV)

13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Many will read this but few will pass it on. But there is someone out there that needs to hear Heaven cheer for them. These verses and your prayers are the fat pitch they just might need to take a swing at. Throw the pitch friends. For those of you sitting their wondering about the final answer for life take the swing. You need a Savior and relationship with God. I am ready to cheer!

Marty

1 comment:

  1. I remember this day like it was yesterday, my heart is full!

    ReplyDelete