Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Does The Word Of God Cause You To Tremble? 10/17/2018

Good Morning,

A big cup of Door County Tanzanian Peaberry greeted me this morning and it is just what I needed to sip on while I finish this thought for the day.



Isaiah 66:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)

True Worship and False

66 Thus says the Lord:
“Heaven is My throne,

And earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the Lord.
“But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.

I decided to get a little serious for today. I hope you will bear with me. I want to talk about the Bible, God's Word. We as Christians have been blessed to be left with God's Living Word stored into 66 books. God has always placed a great importance on His word, spoken and then placed into written form.

"God speaks His word in the heart of the believer. Moses in making reference to God’s commandment says: "the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it" (Deuteronomy 30:14). If this was true of the Old Testament believers, how much more of the Christian believer. For within him is the "implanted word" (James 1:21), the word that God speaks: it is living and growing. The continuing challenge was spoken by Paul: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as you teach and admonish one another in all wisdom" (Colossians 3:16). Ever and again God speaks His word within the believer who is open to what God has to say." Dr. J Rodman

Many people read their Bibles regularly and walk away feeling good about doing so. This is a good practice. But many walk away never feeling anything. They go to the Word with low expectations and read just out of habit. Their low expectations show their low esteem, fear and love for God. They have made themselves lord of their Bible reading. They have literally told God "There Is nothing here for me, because that is what I think." God has become small to them and they have become larger in their own minds.

But then there are those who read the Word and cherish the fact that God has not left us in total silence or directions. They read the Word and see the awesomeness of God. The awesomeness of God causes them to tremble at His Word. Their reactions to His Word lead them to want more and be a part of His work at all cost.

What happens when you read your Bible. Does it lead you to fear, awe, love, respect or desire for more of God? Read on and reintroduce yourself to the Almighty.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment