Sunday, October 7, 2018

Enjoying The Quiet and The Golden Rule 10/7/2018

Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and on top of my feet sits our Springer Spaniel Gibbs. He warms up my feet  and it is his way of making sure he knows just where I am. I have some of my hunting equipment staged in the garage for an afternoon hunt and Gibbs is making sure I can't leave without him. A hot cup of Door County Bourbon Vanilla Creme Coffee is steaming next to me and it's to share a thought our two.



Matthew 7:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

My life is not too complicated and I like it that way. I am not a guy who likes to be involved in everything under the sun. I am married and have one child. I love God. We own a home. I have a job. I am a church member and a leader within the church. I like to hunt and I like to cook. I enjoy reading. I vote when called on to do so. I avoid getting involved in a lot of other things. When I come home from work at night, I do not turn on the radio or television. I enjoy the quietness of our home. I really enjoy peace and silence. It is one of the things I enjoy about hunting. It affords me the time to enjoy QUIET. I can pray silently, read my Bible, yet pay attention to the scene around me.

Now you are thinking that I am describing myself to be a hermit. Not really. I do enjoy conversations, music and some television. But I work in a setting that is always busy with non stop  phone calls. People are in and out of my office all day long or I am attending meetings for hours upon hours. I like my job, and busyness is just part of the job. My wife Rene and I do converse, but she respects my desire for quiet and leaves the conversation for a time when when we both want to share with each other, or if it is needed right then and there, it happens. I seek quiet and I find it. It works for me.

My life style might not be the type you enjoy or desire. But that just makes me different from you and you different from me. We need to respect differences in each other, especially if the difference causes no harm. If my desire for some quiet is causing harm it would be something that needs to be pointed out to me. It would be wrong to classify me as crabby, unapproachable or withdrawn. Rene and I do attend social events, but just not every one that comes along. We choose what fits the schedule and if it would benefit others or us if we attend. For instance a fund raiser walk for cancer needs walkers and workers. That is something which after prayed about we attended.

I am not justifying in this blogg, my lifestyle.  I am just pointing out that we are all different and we need to respect others without forming the dreaded "opinion". So today, learn the why, more about the who, before you form an opinion. And better yet don't form an opinion at all. It makes the world a much better place. Do unto others! It is the golden rule.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment