Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thankful for a Cracker /10/1/13

Good Morning World!

I am starting my day with a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Meltdown Coffee.

This past summer I experienced the blessing of leading a mission trip to Washington DC. God always amazes me in what He does and what He teaches me during these trips.

We were ministering to homeless people in a park. we were handing out food and useful items like chap stick and rain ponchos. As we were talking with a couple in their card board living arrangements the lady we had just given food to asked us to stay and eat some crackers with them. At first I refused thinking that I should not take any of their food. "They needed it more than me. How could I take even a cracker?" God was teaching me a lesson again. The couple was not handing out crackers, they were seeking fellowship. Our time with them was worth more than food.

Izaak Walton writes "God has two dwellings, one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart."

These two beautiful people were used to teach me that man does not live by bread alone. We did share Scripture back and forth.

Deuteronomy 8:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

But we also shared our lives for a moment in time.  Man also craves wholesome fellowship. And on that day we shared God and our hearts.

I then thought about home. A full freezer, new roof, heat and hot water. God then reminded me to be thankful and share. So who came away from that park learning the most? The guy with the most did. I went to minister but was ministered to.

Psalm 107:1
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; for his steadfast love endures forever;

Have a great day. Share your life with someone as soon as possible

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment