Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Beef Steak. It's what's for supper. 10/16/13 With a Recipe




Good Morning,

It's coffee time and mine is Door County Apple Cobbler. www.doorcountycoffee.com

Our Church's Men's Ministry is gearing up for the Men's Annual Steak Feed October 25th. We provide each man or boy with a huge beef steak, fried potatoes, baked beans, garlic bread, root beer and dessert. This started with 30-40 guys and has grown to over 200. It is an event that we look forward to every year. Each guy grills their own steak to perfection and then they carve it with whatever knife they bring. The knives range from small steak knives to knives the size of machetes.
A great time of fellowship is had by all.


But what is most important is that we have a guest speaker come every year and present a topic of challenge to the men and boys and then present the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the assembly. Many men and boys have made a decision to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior during these times.

My challenge to all of you is to pray for this event. Secondly, I want to challenge you to find an event or church service where the Gospel is preached and take a friend. You might not even like steak or whatever, but you can invite someone to share in some worship, or fun and most of all Jesus.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23
New King James Version (NKJV)

Serving All Men

19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[a] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[b] but under law toward Christ[c]), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as[d] weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

You might have to eat steak to reach someone! Now would that be too bad?

God bless,
Marty

Cowboy Beans Recipe
         
        Ingredients
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/4 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. sorghum or other molasses
  • 1 tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 2 tbsp. mustard
  • 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) pork 'n beans
  • 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) butter beans, drained
  • 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) kidney beans, drained
  • 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) pinto beans, drained
  • 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preparation:

Cook ground beef until browned, breaking up and stirring as it cooks. Add onion and cook until tender; drain off excess grease. Add remaining ingredients, except bacon. Put in casserole or crockpot and top with bacon crumbs. Bake at 350° for an hour, or cook in covered slow cooker or crockpot on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce heat to LOW and cook 2 to 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment