Sunday, October 13, 2013

Apples and a Recipe 10/13/13

Good Morning.

The Lord's day today. A day that God has given us to worship Him and rest. I pray you can do both. My coffee of course is hot and comes from the Door County Coffee Company. I am drinking some of their maple coffee.

On Friday afternoon we enjoyed the company once again of one of our Pastors and his family. They came to help us harvest our apple crop. They are hard workers and the chore was made short by their diligence to work as a team. We shared some bakery and beverages after the work was done. Our back yard which will soon be frozen and covered with snow was alive with laughter and fun.



All this brought me back to the apple blossoms of spring. I remember praying for a good harvest and for the fellowship of our friends. Without God's blessings we would have had neither. Oh we would still be friends and would fellowship, but this has become a fun tradition for us. God blessed us in a way that only He can do. He fed us physically and fed us emotionally.

Isaiah 65:24 NLT
I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!


But here is the thing. As I look into my yard and remember that prayer one morning, I can know that God heard me and answered my prayer. He and I were in "the garden".

God bless,
Marty

Apple Butter Recipe

Ingredients


5 1/2 pounds apples - peeled, cored and finely chopped


     
    Directions
    1. Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
    2. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
    3. Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
    4. Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
    5. Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment