Saturday, October 12, 2013

Know when you need help. 10/12/13


Good Morning Dear Friends,

My coffee is today Door County Harvest Blend. This is a new one for me. I am enjoying it immensely and highly recommend it. This early AM finds me in the duck marsh with a good buddy and his dog. I will be hunting hard this weekend.


Mark1:39
39 And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.

Jesus healed many people during his life on Earth and continues to do so today. Often in Scripture we see people bringing diseased, crippled, blind, and demon possessed friends and relatives to Jesus. In other instances these same diseased, crippled, blind, and demon possessed folks sought Him out on their own. They came one way or the other to be healed.

If we were told by a physician that we had cancer and it was bad we would call out to the Lord for healing. Seems obvious. Yet we seem to ignore the sins within us that we like to keep. We don't cry out and ask for healing from our little demons within that keep us doing the same things over and over again. We gloss them over with terms like "sickness, bad habits, alcoholics, drug addicts, or just little sins".  All sin is not of God and comes from Satan. We need to cry out and ask to be healed and released from these sins embedded in our nature and styles. Just because we are not raving maniacs does not mean that sin has not found a home in our heart. I would like to say that the portion of our heart that holds on to this sin is "heart real estate" that Satan owns and occupies. This would be a demon foothold. We need to ask Jesus to heal us and allow the Holy Spirit to dwell in a clean heart. A clean heart full of love beats best. Full of love means that we are full of the Holy Spirit of God.

I used to refer to unruly children as "little demons". I can't do that anymore. It implies too much.

Know when you need help, and call out to be healed. Here is the best Spiritual MRI you can use.

Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.


Have a great weekend. God bless.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment