Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful. Friends, Family And Jesus.

Good Morning,

The Thermos bottle will be pouring out some Door County Cherry Creme Coffee while hunting from a boat this fine Thanksgiving morning.



In the United States we observe the 3rd Thursday of November as a day to be thankful. Over the years I have eaten my share of bacon wrapped turkey, stuffing, and potatoes. From a small boy right up until today the holiday has always been special to me. I take time to reflect on the blessings we as a family have been given. Each year is different and I have never had two years turn out exactly the same. Some years have been better than others, but the one constant in my life has been to be thankful for Friends, Family and Jesus.


When I Think About Friends

Proverbs 17:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 A friend loves at all times,

    and a brother is born for adversity.

When I Think About Family


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

When I Think About Jesus

John 6:38-40 New International Version (NIV)
38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

When I look at good friends I see unconditional love. When I look at family I see unconditional love again. When I look at Jesus I see the Ultimate Example of unconditional love.

These three will always be on my list of blessings.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment