Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Creature Of Habit 11/1/2018

Good Morning,

I just sat down with a cup of Door County Caramel Coffee and I am content with a piece of apple bread for breakfast.



I am pretty much a creature of habit and I see it in myself every day. For instance, when I wake up in the morning and before I stand, I say a short prayer of thanks. I also pray about anyone I am concerned about. This happens every day. I then let our Dog Gibbs outside. While Gibbs is outside I fill his food and water dishes. I let him inside and he immediately begins to eat. I then pour my cup of coffee, take a vitamin and an aspirin. I then retreat to the computer to write to all of you. Gibbs sits on my feet while I write. This happens every day. When I am finished writing and praying I head downstairs. When I close the lap top Gibbs wakes up and heads downstairs. He goes half way down and stops every day. He looks back and I say "I am coming." He then finishes his way to the first floor and then drinks a lot of water. I find this kind of satisfying to see that sitting on my feet is more important than his water and he is not going downstairs without me.

Isaiah 26:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

You will keep him in perfect peace,

Then I shower and get ready for work. We will stop there for now. It seems like I live a pretty boring life compared to others.

There are a lot of different things that I do all day long. But that quiet rising in the morning, prayer, coffee, and time spent with a happy dog is a pretty good rut to be in. On my way to work I pray and listen to sermons on the radio. I pray for my family and others. The first morning ritual wets my appetite for the rest of my prayer time and the audio lessons. My Bible time and study time is at night with my wife Rene.

Now, this is what works for me in the morning. So find what works for you and how you can spend time with God and His Word. Become a creature of habit.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment