Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Preparing Our Heart Daily 11/14/2018

Good Morning,

My mug was filled with Door County Mocha Mint Coffee and there is a prayer of humility on my heart.

I have so many people on my prayer list and today it includes me. While studying last night, a study I needed more that anyone else, I was confronted by my lack of not having a worship filled heart at all times. It was a hard cold slap in the face to me and one I deserve. Worship is not just a Sunday thing, but a 24/7 call to do more than attempt to be holy before God. God does not accept second best. The way we live a worshipful life during the week is just how we will experience worship on Sundays.

We need to remember that we walk with a Holy God and our lives should reflect a 24/7 heartfelt life of holy worship. Our actions each day are a direct reflection of how seriously or not how seriously we see our worship of the One Holy God.

The methods of worship like music, drama, sermons or length of time spent in worship are nothing if they don't reflect the heart's fear, love and obedience for God.

God has in the past corrected poor worship attitudes.

Leviticus 10:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Profane Fire of Nadab and Abihu

10 Then Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censer and put fire in it, put incense on it, and offered profane fire before the Lord, which He had not commanded them. So fire went out from the Lord and devoured them, and they died before the Lord. And Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord spoke, saying:
‘By those who come near Me

I must be regarded as holy;
And before all the people
I must be glorified.’ ”
So Aaron held his peace.


I asked myself this question. Does my hear reflect a life of true worship of a Holy God. I gave myself a poor grade. Not one that I am proud of. So heed my advice. God is holy, and He loves you. So strive for a holiness within you out of love, fear, and obedience, for our Heavenly Father.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment