Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Love On Someone"

Sunday 9-9 2012



Good Morning,


Today's coffee is Door County Cookie Dough.  It is early Sunday and a pot of venison vegetable soup is simmering for later. The house smells great!!



"Three things will continue forever: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13





 What a statement! Jesus said we are to "love one another". Love can be a verb or a noun.



 As I lead mission trips I am often accompanied by college kids. A few years back they adopted the term "love on each other". At first I thought it sounded like way too many group hugs. I am not a huggy type person. The term is still being used. But I understand it better now. When they are "loving on someone" they are usually going out of their way with kindness, a servants heart, a listening ear, a shared tear, extra prayer, words of encouragement and a time commitment. I do every once in awhile hear them affirm their love by actually saying it.
But what I noticed is that they use the word love in the verb tense. They show their love for God through their actions to others. Let's all be college kids today and "love on someone". I am sure God would say. "Well done good and faithful servant".


You might just be the next one to need some love.
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment