Friday, May 6, 2022

Amusement Parks And The Roller Coaster 5/6/2022

 Good Morning,

Time to get serious about this cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee in front of me and then it is time to write. 

Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.



I have always been fond of amusement parks and especially the roller coaster type of rides. I can vouch for this experience. When I was a kid we had an amusement park in Muskego Wisconsin. Before they started charging for an all day, all rides pass, they used to issue tickets to gain entrance to a ride. Certain rides needed more tickets to allow for you to be a passenger on the ride of fear. 

So when I say that the large roller coaster took more tickets than any other ride for the passengers, I know what I am talking about. Basically the roller coaster was the most expensive. People would stand in line to travel high up in the air and then come screaming down. People still do pay good money to be shaken up. I for one am guilty as charged. 

But when our lives are like a roller coaster ride we squawk like no tomorrow. When we are going up we anticipate the excitement of reaching the top. But soon after we reach the top we come flying down to the pit below. We forget that to head up we must be at the bottom first. And when we are at the bottom of the ride, we look up. 

When we reach the bottom in the ride of life we must have faith to know that God will be with us on the ride and take us up time and time again. Seeing God at work in our lives, makes those valleys seem more bearable and shorter in time. 

I will share another roller coater thought tomorrow. Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment